Unfortunately I'm very late to the Leap testing, but I found some issues in
RC1 which are important to the overall impression, and are probably pretty
easy to fix:
* There's no video player included in the default installation at all. I would
suggest to include vlc-qt. Secondly kaffeine, third dragon.
* An upstream Plasma wallpaper is used by default, not the Leap wallpaper,
which is available in the desktop settings.
* On login KMix crashes cuz of PulseAudio breakage. But I thought KMix
shouldn't be started on Plasma >=5.4 by default. Maybe not even be installed
by default on a fresh installation? Or is this a conscious decision?
* File indexing is enabled by default. I haven't seen to many complaints about
Baloo recently, but it still seems a risky default. Given that file indexers
have a tendency to blow up sooner or later.
* The adwaita GTK style is used by default. Is this intentional? (breezygtk is
not installed by default either, but I guess it's not very mature, and can
potentially crash gtk apps).
But overall I'm looking forward to finally migrating to Plasma5!
And some other issues, which aren't so easy, but probably already handled:
* Gwenview5 is not installable. Because it requires "application-
appdata(gwenview.appdata.xml)". I guess this might be caused by the
inconsistent state with a mix of 15.04 and 15.08 applications. I'd still
prefer gwenview"4" anyway cuz of the kipiplugins.
* Amarok crashes on startup. But I'm pretty sure that's also related to the
* Sddm is not themed. But that's probably not that easy to do. And most users
probably use autologin anyway.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-kde+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-kde+owner(a)opensuse.org