I sent this e-mail to opensuse-testing mailing list and they recommended me to
mailing list because it is read by the KDE packagers.
I don't participate usually because I use OpenSuSE like developer and desktop
user, I don't make
something "special", but this time I decided to e-mail because I can see some
Plasma 5 in 13.1 in 13.2 RC1. My only intention it is the information be
I had installed OpenSuSE 13.2 RC1 in a virtual machine with Plasma 5 and I
want to give my
- In the installation there is not the option to add a repository with KDE 5
applications, in my
opinion it would be a good idea to add one. I know they are not stable but a
person wants to try
Plasma 5, probably, he/she wants to try the apps.
- I didn't see the possibility to install sddm instead of kdm. If you are
installing Plasma 5 looks
- One time installed the OS with Plasma 5, you have to configure the repos
manually. It could
be good to give the option in community repositories.
- You can't change the color scheme, it is always OpenSuSE colors.
- I have various crashes of Plasma, in composer I use OpenGL 3.1. Mainly using
- When I click in a PDF file in dolphin, okular doesn't open, however if I am
going to main menu,
open okular and drag the PDF file, I can see it without problem.
- I use galician language, in order to can configure it in System Settings, I
had to install kde4-
l10n-gl. It is a little confusing.
- I installed the KDE5 versions of apps (ark, dolphin, ...). The icons in
favorites in kickoff didn't
work, I had to erase them and add again.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-kde+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-kde+owner(a)opensuse.org