I am looking for a little tool which is siting in the panel (near the clock).
I should be able to add eg 4 IPs and this tool will check them every x
seconds, if they are reachable make a part of the icon green, else red.
A kind of ping with a KDE frontend.
I already asked google, but I havent found anything!
PS: I am using SuSE 7.3 with KDE 2.2.2.
Get upgraded from 8.0 to 8.2 and realize that I cannot create folder from
Kmail under Imap.
Bug looks like this bug is know cf: http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57562
Patch to kdenetwork3-3.1.kdenetwork3-mail-3.1.1-781-78 does not change
anything, kmail is still lock to root for folder creation.
Any hot fix.
I had some problems with kde and i have to delete "/home/user/.kde/tmp-linux";
"/home/user/.kde/socket-linux" and all files in /tmp to run it again.
But now I can't save any session-properties of kde. No open programm while
shutdown kde will be restored after a new kde-start.
what can i do?
mailto:email@example.com ~ NO HTML
- veni, vidi, linux -
The tip that the shown menu is the SuSE menu helped. Unfortunately the menu
is sorted by the file name of the link. It will take sometime to get the
menu into the order I like it.
Thanks for your help.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Anders Johansson" <andjoh(a)rydsbo.net>
To: "Kay Zumbusch" <suse-kde(a)zumbusch.info>
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: [suse-kde] customizing KDE menu
> On Sunday 18 May 2003 23.46, Kay Zumbusch wrote:
> > created links (I found them in /root/.kde/share/applnk) to
> > /opt/kde3/share/applnk and restarted KDE. But nothing helped a bit.
> Try copying them to /etc/opt/kde3/share/applnk
> The menu you see in the K menu is the "SuSE" menu. In the menu editor you
> it as a submenu called SuSE. If you browse the submenu SuSE I think you'll
> recognize it
I installed kdebindings-mozilla package which is supposed to allow me to use
mozilla instead of khtml in konqueror, but I was not able to find from where
I can change these settings. Can someone help me, a hint, anything?
On Monday 19 May 2003 13:18, eimann(a)informatik.uni-bonn.de wrote:
> I've got two machines with a SuSE 8.1 distribution installed. The
> distribution was shipped with KDE 3.0.3 and XFree 4.2.0. I've updated both
> machines with XFree 4.3.0 (rpms provided by SuSE) and KDE 3.1.1 (rpms
> privided by SuSE as well)...
> On bot boxes /sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.fonts hung for ages, so that I had to
> terminate the fc-cache process manually. This resulted in no longer being
> able to login with KDM. The screen showed the usual Xfree background with
> the mouse cursor as watch-symbol and kdm_greeter took 99% CPU-load.
> I've solved this problem, too, by deleting the
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/*/fonts.cache-1.gz files and running
> /sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.fonts again (this time without problems). Now I
> can log in again, but certain fonts have vanished: opening a konsole
> window brings up an empty window,for example, at least, when I use the
> default fonts (small, medium, large, huge...). The cursor moves when I
> type, so I suppose it's just a fonts problem... sax2 has no fonts either.
> Can anybody help me with this? Didi anyone solve the problem before?
I had the same problem, I think I solved it by installing the same qt which
came with XFree 4.3 on Suse's ftp. The later qt which came with kde3.1.1 from
suse was apparently not the right one for XFree 4.3.
Also it might help to delete the .font.cache file in your home directory.
When I click on a URL to be opened by konqueror (for example in the body of a
e-mail), it seems to download the original target to the local directory
'/root/.kde/share/apps/kfmexec/tmp/' and then it displays from here.
In fact this is what I can see on the 'Location bar':
Does someone know how to modify this strange behaviour?
Thank you in advance.
Fabio De Francesco.
I started with a SuSE Linux 8.2 Professional Update system, installed as an
update to SuSE 8.1.
I downloaded and installed KDE 3.1.2 from SuSE 8.2 RPMs from the KDE mirror
web site http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/kde/stable/3.1.2/SuSE/
The files I downloaded were:
I looked at ix86/8.2/lib*.rpm and the libart* and libxslt* files were older
versions than the ones I already had. Also, I already had slightly older
qt3*, so I decided to download these later if it turns out to be necessary.
I logged in as root, ran init 3 and then
rpm -Uvh *.rpm
resulted in multiple clashes with ktamago, so I uninstalled ktamago:
rpm -e ktamago
and then rpm -Uvh *.rpm ran without problems.
Running init 5 gave me the KDM login prompt, which looked unchanged. I'll
check the kdm configuration next.
So far, KDE 3.1.2 seems to be running OK. I will need to check kghostview.