here are the meeting minutes for our board meeting on 2021-04-26.
These are also available on the wiki:
= Minutes of openSUSE Board meeting 2021-04-26, 1300 CEST =
Attendees: Axel, Gertjan, Gerald, Neal, Simon, Vinz
Meeting Minutes: Vinz
== Follow up on agenda action items tooling==
The board discussed the further usage of code-o-o for keeping track of
Project can be found here: https://code.opensuse.org/board/tickets/issues
* Neal made "meeting" tag for the code-o-o board project to track topics
for (future) meetings
* AI Neal: Set up "board2021" and "board2020" repos for separating
private information according to
* AI Neal:
* AI Simon: Add process documentation to board wiki page at "best practices"
==Too much SLE in Leap 15.3==
* Base packages from SLE, updated applications from TW
* KDE stack is outdated
* Reason is Qt not getting updated to at least 5.15 LTS
* Bugfixing in KDE these days mostly requires fixes or updates of Qt
== Follow up on emeritus membership ==
== Follow up on foundation ==
== Follow up on Sponsorships and events ==
* Posponed due to Syds not being present.
Next Meeting Minutes: Gerald
Meeting ends: 1400 CEST
We had meeting last night. Below are the points from the meeting. I'll
be approving the talks soon and sending a drop box (nextcloud) link for
people to upload their videos. We will have another meeting for the
video team in Friday.
#info The CfP ends today May 4
#info Registration 105, Submissions 47, 28 hours, 3 withdrawals
#topic Recording and/or Live Stream Team
#info Had video team meeting on April 30 at 18:00 UTC in
#info Next meeting is May 7 at 18:00 UTC in meet.opensuse.org/bar
#info Datto and AlmaLinux would like to sponsor
#action ddemaio to explore options with AlmaLinux and finalize Datto
#info Link is ready and will send out to registered participants to get
#info Hold off on sending the link until May 11
#info Company sending t-shirts use UPS, which has some delivery
difficulties for some countries.
#info Only one t-shirt per attendee
#info Keynote speaker 1 Sheng Liang, SUSE E&I
#info Keynote speaker 2 Alex Lee, CEO of shells.com
#info Collaboration panel with speakers from different projects (NG, MM,
BC, OK, AS, DC)
Waiting on AW to reply
Recording can be done in OBS or other tools. If someone is good with OBS
(broadcast) and wants to make a quick tutorial for the community on how
to use it, please reply.
Info on where to send the recordings will be sent out to speakers ASAP
Recording should be sent early and quality should be good
If you have never done a recording with OBS or other tool, send a sample
to ddemaio(a)opensuse.org to receive feedback.
Pointers for people doing their video:
Make sure that the audio and ambient conditions are the same
Provide defaults on how to record a video with OBS. Have them send their
recording to get feedback.
Assemble best practices videos (i.e. - speak as though you are talking
to an audience or someone in the room, put something above the camera so
your attention is on the camera.)
We will use the Big Blue Button inside venueless for Q&A Session
Stage 1 Q&A
Stage 2 Q&A
ddemaio added a sentence about OSC21 on openSUSE Discord to events.o.o.
so that people can get in if they lose their email registration.
#action ddemaio send out invite token as participants to attendees and
speaker for speakers
#topics for next meeting
Schedule, video uploads, update status of Video Team, technical staff,
volunteer, speaker guidelines (tips and tricks), test platform as
participants, speaker and other roles
I want to give you an update from the video meeting we had this past
Friday. We will also have a planning meeting for the conference tomorrow
(like every Tuesday) at 18:00 UTC in https://meet.opensuse.org/bar
Below are the keypoints.
April 30 Video Team Meeting
Next Meeting: Friday, May 7 at 18:00 UTC
Participants: ddemaio, IvoErMejo, danimo, Marco, Gertjan
Control center will be with a video team in Nuremberg: Marco, ddemaio
* The preferred format is to have videos recorded and sent to a cloud
service so the video team can play them
* All live talks need to be done after a break
* Live speakers will meet in a back end Jisti room.
o There will be backup Jisit rooms
o Links will be sent to the speakers
* The Jisti rooms will be streamed to the front end -
* Recording can be done in OBS or other tools. If someone is good with
OBS (broadcast) and wants to make a quick tutorial for the community
on how to use it, please relply.
* Info on where to send the recordings will be sent out to speakers ASAP
* Recording should be sentearly and quality should be good
o If you have never done a recording with OBS or other tool, send
a sample to ddemaio(a)opensuse.org to receive feedback.
* Pointers for people doing their video:
o Make sure that the audio and ambient conditions are the same
o Provide defaults on how to record a video with OBS. Have them
send their recording to get feedback.
o Assemble best practices videos (i.e. - speak as though you are
talking to an audience or someone in the room, put something
above the camera so your attention is on the camera.)
* We will use the Big Blue Button inside venueless for Q&A Session
o Stage 1 Q&A
o Stage 2 Q&A
Do a dry run with the videos three days before. Likely June 15
#Live Talk and Team Recordings
* OBS will provide recording of the live talks
* c3voc stream will provide backup recording ability