I want to give you an update from the video meeting we had this past
Friday. We will also have a planning meeting for the conference tomorrow
(like every Tuesday) at 18:00 UTC in https://meet.opensuse.org/bar
Below are the keypoints.
April 30 Video Team Meeting
Next Meeting: Friday, May 7 at 18:00 UTC
Participants: ddemaio, IvoErMejo, danimo, Marco, Gertjan
Control center will be with a video team in Nuremberg: Marco, ddemaio
* The preferred format is to have videos recorded and sent to a cloud
service so the video team can play them
* All live talks need to be done after a break
* Live speakers will meet in a back end Jisti room.
o There will be backup Jisit rooms
o Links will be sent to the speakers
* The Jisti rooms will be streamed to the front end -
* Recording can be done in OBS or other tools. If someone is good with
OBS (broadcast) and wants to make a quick tutorial for the community
on how to use it, please relply.
* Info on where to send the recordings will be sent out to speakers ASAP
* Recording should be sentearly and quality should be good
o If you have never done a recording with OBS or other tool, send
a sample to ddemaio(a)opensuse.org to receive feedback.
* Pointers for people doing their video:
o Make sure that the audio and ambient conditions are the same
o Provide defaults on how to record a video with OBS. Have them
send their recording to get feedback.
o Assemble best practices videos (i.e. - speak as though you are
talking to an audience or someone in the room, put something
above the camera so your attention is on the camera.)
* We will use the Big Blue Button inside venueless for Q&A Session
o Stage 1 Q&A
o Stage 2 Q&A
Do a dry run with the videos three days before. Likely June 15
#Live Talk and Team Recordings
* OBS will provide recording of the live talks
* c3voc stream will provide backup recording ability