= Board Meeting Monday 2022-09-26 13:00 CEST =
* Present: Axel, Gertjan, Syds, Mau
* Excused: Gerald and Neal (travelling), Attila
== openSUSE Remix ===
* What needs to be done if openSUSE should be used as basis for a new Distro / Remix?
* Current wiki entry outdated https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:Making_an_openSUSE_based_distribution - need to rewrite
* Gecko Linux has some scripts on github, that might help: https://github.com/geckolinux/geckolinux-project
* If the respin uses only OBS packages, no additional rebrading required
* Axel: If we see a respin, people should notice that the basis is openSUSE (see Distrowatchs anouncements of Distros...based on....)
* Ask SUSE legal for advise / maybe Lubos knows as well - Axel to ask Gerald for advise whom to contact at SUSE
== openSUSE Asia Sumit ==
* Key note will be held by Mau and Attila on Friday September 30th.
* Topic - about the project and how to contribute
Meeting closed at 13:26 CEST
Treasurer openSUSE Project
= Board Meeting Monday 2022-08-29 13:00 CEST =
* Present: Gerald, Gertjan, Mau, Neal
* Guests: Luna, Lubos, Marcel R, ddemaio, Emily
* Excused: Axel, Attila, Syds
== URL of the public board meeting room not on Wiki. Intentional? ==
* Lubos noted https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board_meetings does not
refer to the Jitsi meeting room?
* Is this intentional? No, it's not.
* Gertjan added the URL to en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board during the meeting
== openSUSE sponsored mirrors ==
* Someone running an openSUSE mirror reached out to ddemaio about
openSUSE offering some sort of sponsorship to help with expenses for
* The discussion regarding this topic is considered contrary
to the purpose of sponsoring the project. The view is that paying for
infrastructure for the project sets a bad precedent and is counter to
the volunteerism of the project.
* ddemaio: Requester has been notified.
== openSUSE Foundation Update ==
* As promised, Gerald followed up to Patrick's summary with detailed
* That was the last action in that thread in those last two
weeks. Is there even interest?
Meeting closed at 13:13 CEST
The ALP Work Group (WG) will take place tomorrow at 14:30 UTC.
I will not be able to attend the next few meetings. Community Meetings
are schedule on Thursday at 19:00 UTC. I will not be around for any of
the meetings until Oct. 6.
Meetings will be in https://meet.opensuse.org/meeting
You can see the overview of the meeting notes at
= Board Meeting Monday 2022-09-12 13:00 CEST =
* Present: Axel, Gerald, Gertjan, Mau, Syds, Attila, Neal
* Guests: Luna(bittin), Doug, Emily
== Board Elections 2022 ==
Three seats expire end of the year (Neal, Gertjan, Axel) - contact Election
officials to prepare elections
- Axel can't run again but Neal and Gertjan can
- Gerald will contact the Election Officials
== openSUSE Asia Summit Keynote == https://code.opensuse.org/board/tickets/
* pre-recorded video only option due to time constraints during the Summit
dates. Attila, Gertjan and Maurizio to do it
== Issues receiving Board email ==
* Some board members do not receive (all) mails sent to board(a)l.o.o
* Gerald (who uses gp(a)suse.com) and Axel and Gertjan appear fine?
* Neal revealed that numerous mail bounces lead to auto-unsubscription to
lists, there was an issue in the summer that triggered this. Gerald determined
that Syds and Mau were not subscribed and that has been rectified.
Meeting closed at 13:42. CEST--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Forums Team