Am Do., 21. Feb. 2019 um 15:32 Uhr schrieb Lars Vogdt
As such, maintaining 447  openSUSE members should not depend on a
single tool. Especially not if the used tool has open, well known
security issues since years.
On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 11:41:19 +0100 Richard Brown wrote:
> This isn't the first time I've asked this question on a public stage,
> but in the hope that this time I get an answer;
> Who volunteers to tackle the problem with connect.o.o and drive
> forward a solution?
I made my proposal already and I stand the point: shut down an insecure
what does "drive forward a solution" mean? Can we integrate the
functions of connect.o.o into other services at openSUSE which are
allready maintained like the openSUSE wiki? A form for travel support
An application for membership could be done by e-mail to an e-mail
address of the membership officials. Elections could be done with an
eVote software like https://github.com/mdipierro/evote for example, but
probably there are better tools.
What did I miss?
I think Lars is right an we should shutdown this insecure system as soon
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-project+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, email: opensuse-project+owner(a)opensuse.org
We, the members of the openSUSE Board, strongly value the openSUSE
Code of Conduct and Guiding Principles:
Inclusion is a fundamental pillar of our community and the broader
free software and open source communities that we are part of, are
connected with, and value.
We firmly stand against sexism, racism,... and strive to keep our
communities open, welcoming, and safe for everyone to join.
As a board, we also believe that these principles that apply to our
openSUSE communities shall also apply to the events and groups that
we partner with and sponsor.
We are reassessing our sponsorships in that light.
Axel, Gerald, Gertjan, Neal, Simon, Syds, Vinz
This is Nick Vidal from Rocket.Chat
We’ve been part of GSoC for 5 years now, and as a way to celebrate and
give back to the open source community, this year we are reaching out
to other GSoC organizations to provide assistance on setting up
Rocket.Chat to engage with students (pro bono).
Rocket.Chat is a leading open source chat platform, and we’ve been
using the platform itself to engage with our own GSoC students. With
Rocket.Chat, it’s possible to create private/public channels for each
student/project so that mentors and students can communicate, share
ideas, and keep track of progress both asynchronously and in real
time. It’s also possible to create integrations to display pull
requests, mergers, and issues directly on these channels.
Please let me know if you would be interested in trying Rocket.Chat to
engage with your GSoC students. Myself and the Community Engagement
team are at your full disposal to help. Our mission is to serve the
open source community!
I want to give a bit of feedback from out marketing meeting we had
tonight. We worked on the flyer and updated the counter to reflect the
We could use help from the community on the updating screenshots for
openSUSE Leap 15.3 for the various desktop environments and open source
tools. Please upload your screenshots to
We are also kicking around an idea about how we can have some sort of
social media badge, image or overlay,so that people can change their
profile picture to help raise awareness about the release of openSUSE
Leap 15.3. Ideas are welcome, so please reply to this if you have any
Please use hashtags#openSUSE #Leap153 when posting social media so we
can do some follow-up statistics on the hashtags.
Music lovers. The topic of a podcast has been brought up over the years.
Some people might want to do a local podcast as it has more reach in the
language. We think it would be a good idea to have the sounds of the
podcasts be similar to that the intro and outro music is branded. If
you are interested in this, please let us know. If people would be
interested in coming together as a team to develop this idea or a
podcast, please reply to this email.
Our next marketing meeting will be May 12 at 18:00 UTC in the bar at
Here is an update on the topics from last nights meeting for the
openSUSE Conference. Things are coming along nicely. We have room for
more talks to be submitted, but there is only a week left to do it.
#info The CfP ends May 4
#info Registration 85, Submissions 35, 22 hours
#topic Recording and/or Live Stream
#info meeting for the video team scheduled for April 30 at 18:00 UTC in
#info Link is ready and will send out to registered participants to get
#info Hold off on sending the link until May 11
#link <https://www.freewear.org/oSVC/>Talked with vendor about
restrictions for shipment of t-shirt to some countries. Those with
problems can contact ddemaio
#info Keynote speaker 1 Sheng Liang, SUSE E&I
#info Keynote speaker 2 Alex Lee, CEO of shells.com
#info Collaboration panel with speakers from different projects (NG, MM,
BC, OK, AS)
#action ddemaio contacted DC and AW to join the panel. DC agreed,
waiting on AW.
#action ddemaio Add sentence about oSVC21 on events.o.o. about writing
openSUSE Discord/Telegram channels for those that lose their email
#action ddemaio to send out invite token after May 11
#action ddemaio contact venuelss about not updating our instance before
#topic speaker guidelines
#topics for next meeting
Review submitted talks, update status of Video Team, test platform as
participants, speaker and other roles
Tomorrow, we will have a planning meeting for the openSUSE Conference at
Tuesday at 18:00 UTC. The meetings will take place later in
https://meet.opensuse.org/bar. There will be a brief update and we will
focus mostly on video discussions. The topics will be added to the
#project chat on openSUSE Discord.
The CfP is only open about another week, so please submit your proposals
and register at https://events.opensuse.org/. You have to be logged in
to register and submit a proposal.
I just wanted to send out a reminder about the openSUSE Conference
meeting we have every Tuesday at 18:00 UTC. The meetings will take place
later in https://meet.opensuse.org/bar. While doing a live meeting,
topics and updates to the #project chat on openSUSE Discord will be
posted. I'll give an update on the planning of the conference and send
out the minutes tomorrow.
If you haven't submitted a talk yet, please do so by logging into
https://events.opensuse.org/ and submit proposal. There are only 14
more days until the CfP closes.
I wanted to reminder everyone of two meeting we have this week.
We will have a meeting today (every Tuesday) at 18:00 UTC for the
planning of the openSUSE Conference. This meetings will take place in
https://meet.opensuse.org/bar as recommended by those attending. While
doing a live meeting, we will post topics and updates to the #project
chat on openSUSE Discord. We are looking for people to help stream the
talks, so if you are interested, please join us or contact me if you
can't make the meeting.
We will have another marketing meeting on tomorrow (April 14) at 18:00
UTC on https://meet.opensuse.org/153marketing The plan is to finalize
the announcement and start working on the social media launch plan. If
you have ideas for social media post for the release of Leap 15.3,
please go ahead and add them to
Contributing to https://en.opensuse.org/Features_15.3 are also welcome.