I wanted to reminder everyone of two meeting we have this week.
We will have a meeting today (every Tuesday) at 18:00 UTC for the
planning of the openSUSE Conference. This meetings will take place in
https://meet.opensuse.org/bar as recommended by those attending. While
doing a live meeting, we will post topics and updates to the #project
chat on openSUSE Discord. We are looking for people to help stream the
talks, so if you are interested, please join us or contact me if you
can't make the meeting.
We will have another marketing meeting on tomorrow (April 14) at 18:00
UTC on https://meet.opensuse.org/153marketing The plan is to finalize
the announcement and start working on the social media launch plan. If
you have ideas for social media post for the release of Leap 15.3,
please go ahead and add them to
Contributing to https://en.opensuse.org/Features_15.3 are also welcome.
the english wikipedia-page for openSUSE  as well as the page in German 
received some major rewrites in the last weeks, mainly to reflect the project
character (vs. purely the distribution), history, structure and current
Please consider to check if the wikipedia pages for your language need an
update as well, and kindly use the german/english page as template.
Meeting minutes for Board call on 2021-03-15 @ 21:00 CEST
Attendees: Gerald, Gertjan, Simon, Vinz, Axel, Neal
* Treasurer on board@?
It has been generally agreed that Syds will be added to board@ mailing
list. Gertjan will schedule with Syds a time to meet and talk with the
(Note: this happened for the 20210329 meeting, minutes for which
already were published)
* Emeritus Membership
Simon intends to clarify the information and rules around emeritus membership.
* Communication Protocols
It has been observed that openSUSE as a project is gradually improving
on communication, the Board will revisit this at a later date.
* Conflict resolution issues: Acknowledged and worked on
Meeting end @ 23:00 CEST
Neal Gompa (ID: Pharaoh_Atem)
I just wanted to send out an update of the meeting we had yesterday
about the openSUSE Conference. Have have listed the bullets of what was
discussed below. To summaries some of the key takeaways from the
meeting. We will be doing meeting every Tuesday at 18:00 UTC. The
meetings will take place in https://meet.opensuse.org/bar as recommended
by those attending. While doing a live meeting, we will post topics and
updates to the #project chat on openSUSE Discord. I will also continue
to post the meeting notes on the mailing list for the community to read
if they don't attend the planning meetings for oSC21. We believe the
best way to do the conference is to have pre-recorded talks during the
event and have the speaker present for a live Q&A session after their
talk. We will have to figure out how to do this There also an option for
a live workgroup via Big Blue Button in the tool venueless that we will
be using. We hoping to get some volunteers to help with the conference
planning, so please email me if you are willing to assist. Anybody with
OBS (broadcast software) experience who are willing to help, please
If you haven't submitted a talk yet, please do so by logging into
https://events.opensuse.org/ and submit proposal.
#info The CfP ends May 4
#info Registration 55, Submissions 14, 8 hours
#info If you want to help, I can make you an admin. Please let me know.
#info most documentation I have is in German
#info Our keynote speaker will be Sheng Liang -
I would like to have another speaker and have reached out, but don’t
have confirmation. They are still evaluating. Does anyone have any ideas
for other people who might be a good keynote?
#action ddemaio to email Mathew Miller about keynote discussing mutual
Also, Maybe have a Fedora Social hour during the conference
#info Keynote from Sheng is planned for Friday toward the later have of
the first day on June 18.
#topic Recording or Live Stream
#question we will need to discuss the structure. Does it make sense to
have everyone record their talks and then just do a live Q&A?
#info We might need some backup for recording. If someone is good with
OBS (broadcast) and wants to help, let me know.
#info In contact with c3voc and the venueless allow for stream.
#agree Have talks recorded and play talks according to schedule.
Presenters to be present for live Q&A.
#Info I’m still trying to figure out the tool. It would be good to have
more moderators to introduce the talk.
#info Volunteers should contact ddemaio
#info SUSE and Fedora are sponsors.
#info Sponsors package updated and prices decreased
#Info We will be sending out a t-shirt ordered from a sub-website
#info IMPORTANT - For some depending on the country the t-shirt is
going to, you may have to pay a customs/import charge. If you don't pay
the fees, Customs will proceed to destroy the shipping. openSUSE will
still be charged the t-shirt and the shipping cost. Please don’t order a
t-shirt if you don’t plan on paying a customs fee should you have to.
#link (not up yet) https://www.freewear.org/oSVC/
#topic Volunteer Team
#info If you want to volunteer to help with the conference, please email
ddemaio(a)opensuse.org <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject
“oSC21 Volunteer Team”
#topic Social media posts
#info If you submit a talk for the openSUSE Conference, please post it
to social media and tag @openSUSE
#info posts can be developed once the talks have been approved and the
Meeting minutes board call 2021-03-29 , 2100 CEST
Attendees: Simon, Gertjan, Neal, Gerald, Syds, Axel
Meeting closed: 2230 CEST
** Syds (New Treasurer) joins the board and we discuss his role **
**Multiple conflict resolution issues**
**Timing of board calls**
* With all regions switching to summer time current timing means 0430 for
* Proposal: 0700 NY, 1300 Europe and 2030 Australia
* Check with Vinz
* Plan B if Plan A does not work: Move next call to 2200 Nürnberg time
[Note: We go for 1300 CEST]
**Recent developments in FSF**
* We would not like to sign any existing letter as oS Board
* We would like to publish a note where we emphasize the CoC and guiding
principles of the oS community
* As a sponsor of FSF we would like to see the guiding principles reflected.
We would not like to sponsor an organization that is not in line with CoC and
* AI Simon and Neal to draft proposal based on Geralds mail to the board.
* For the time being, sponsorship is suspended
[Note: Board statement was published to project@ in between]
I wanted to send this info out after our marketing meeting yesterday. We
are pretty close to finalizing the release announcement and plan on
sending out in a couple weeks for translations.
We will have another marketing meeting on April 14at 18:00 UTC on
<https://meet.opensuse.org/153marketing> At that meeting, we hope to
finalize the announcement and start working on the social media launch
plan. If you have ideas for social media post for the release of Leap
15.3, please go ahead and add them
tohttps://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_planThere is no
need to wait until April 14. We'll discuss what we have an come up with
more during the meeting.
Also please consider contributing to the
https://en.opensuse.org/Features_15.3 page. It is shaping up pretty good
and I want to thank those who have already helped to develop the
content. Have a great day.