Our Regular Community Meetings will return to the normal times. For the
past two weeks, the times were bumped up for an hour.
There will be a Regular Community Meeting tomorrow at 14:30 UTC. At
19:00 UTC tomorrow, we will have a meeting for the openSUSE Conference
and openSUSE Summit at OSCAL. We will have our second Regular Community
Meeting on Thursday at 19:00 UTC.
View the community meeting notes at
https://etherpad.opensuse.org/p/weeklymeeting and the conference
planning meeting notes at https://etherpad.opensuse.org/p/osc22
The meetings will take place on https://meet.opensuse.org/meeting
Additionally, I would like to thank the people who have helped to
translate the Release Announcement at
https://en.opensuse.org/Release_announcement_15.4. There are many other
languages it can be translated to, so please feel free to help translate
the announcement into a language you know.
Also, please help us take screenshots for the release of Leap 15.4 and
exchange the new photos with the old ones (Leap 15.3) in this wiki page
Have a great day.
if you follow the Release Engineering meeting minutes then you're aware
that we're a bit late with the delivery of Leap 15.4 RC.
There are a few reasons. One of them is the fact that we've stopped
using the snapshot mechanism for incoming changes after SLE 15 SP4 RC
and the fact that SLES 15 SP4 was quite busy with post-RC changes
including a mass rebuild last weekend. Since unlike prior 15.3 we're
tailing SLES we will always be a week or two late from SLES 15. X RC.
We were close to having a build last Friday/Saturday before the mass
rebuild of SLES, however, we were affected by broken IBS->OBS sync
which resulted in certain binaries missing, and that failed our product
Aside from our infra issue, we've also needed to eliminate build fails
on x86_64 most of them were related to python Problematic python-
cryptography was undecided until Wednesday
The cryptography update will land as SLES 15 SP4 update therefore we've
decided to temporarily remove related build fails. We will re-add them
once the update python-cryptography arrives.
The very last build (seamonkey) on aarch64 just finished and there are
no planned changes to be taken into SLES 15 SP4 as of now.
With that said I feel confident that we will have a new build today,
I'll keep an eye on testing and if we'll have no significant regression
we'll publish the current build as our Release Candidate early next
Regarding the Leap 15.4 release which is currently schedule d for 8th
June. SLES 15 SP4 had a Gold Master Candidate code submission deadline
on Wednesday, May 11th. We can't make Leap Gold Master Candidate until
SLES 15 SP4 will announce a final GM build.
So we're currently blocked on further progress. According to my
experience if the GM build will happen next week. Then we could aim for
our GM the week after. Which would still be aligned with the current
Leap roadmap. Any delay on the SLE side will impact our roadmap as
At this point we can take only fixes for SHIP_STOPPERS. To my knowledge
there are no *candidates nor *confirmed ship stoppers at the moment.
The last one was Bug #1199388
Thank you very much for your understanding.
= Board Meeting Monday 9 May 2022 13.00 CEST =
Axel, Gerald, Maurizio (bad connection), Syds, Atilla, Neal
Guests: Doug, Emily
== Board meeting before oSC ==
* Axel, Gerald, Gertjan, Maurizio (maybe), Neal able to attend
* Atilla cannot make it
* Syds cannot make it IRL (but join online for the board sessions at the event)
* Looks like SUSE is going to be in the new office, close to the event, by that point
* Monika kindly helping to arrange for a meeting room
* If anything needs anything paid upfront, please contact Gerald and Doug. (via board(a)o.o with cc Doug)
== TSP update ==
* HSBC being tested for paying out. SUSE Finance is waiting on a demo to confirm if it is viable for cash transfers.
* one person has requested TSP for oSC after the pauze started, Doug replied know that we don't know how quick the payment can come.
== Logo Usage ==
* request is approved, Axel will reply.
* New requests don't have to be discussed during the meeting, one board member can email back directly to speed up the process. Mention that it needs to in line with the Guiding principles and the trademark guidelines. and if possible sent us an example of the sticker if they want.
== FSFE Right to repair letter ==
* Agreed to sign as Board
* Need to bring up during oSC if Board can sign these types of requests as Board or as Project by choice of the Board.
Meeting closed at 14.00 CEST
Treasurer openSUSE Project
= Minutes of openSUSE Board meeting 2022-04-25 =
Present: Axel, Gerald, Gertjan, Neal
Excused: Maurizio, Syds, Attila
Guests: bittin, Doug, Emily, Georg
== Minutes of recent meetings ==
* 2022-03-14 (Neal) and 2022-04-11 (?) minutes missing from the Wiki
* In general we should improve handling of minutes.
* Now giving live, collaborative collection of minutes on Etherpad a try.
* Axel proposes to have meeting minutes reviewed by Wed (2359 UTC)
after the meeting, so minutes can be sent out by Thursday morning.
== #37 openSUSE social media accounts (and openSUSE as a project) and situations like the war in the Ukraine ==
* Closed, handled before.
== #41 Poll to sign OpenLetter as project or not ==
* Closed, letter signed as/by individuals.
== #44 Proposal about openSUSE.Asia summit 2022 ==
* Everybody happy about the proposal
* AI: Gerald to send official confirmation to organizers
== Travel Support Program (TSP) ==
* Practical challenges arose on the SUSE (Finance) side executing on the TSP
* Doug working this, trying to find a solution - next meeting tomorrow
== Board session at oSC ==
* Leave "meet the board at the end of the conference" (has worked well in the past)
* Add a "fork in the road" session on day 1
* Options may be
** keep things as they are
** try moving towards a foundation for real
** find a lean solution able to accept donations, spend...
== #45 Plan for board meeting before oSC ==
* May 31st + June 1st
* Who is able to come?
** Attila probably not?
** Mau maybe?
* If Attila or Mau aren't able to come in person, shift the schedule to run from morning to early (max. mid) afternoon
* Gerald wonders what worked well / not well in the past for such meetings
* Everyone feel free to add topics in the ticket.
* AI Doug and Gerald: look into how travel and accomodation for board members can be organized
We will have an open discussion/workshop during the community meetings
on May 10 and 12 to discuss the successor of Leap and seek input and
gather interests from people who are interested in joining the
discussion. The workshop/discussion will be at
https://meet.opensuse.org/meeting and we will be using a pad to write
down points of interest. Please note that the time for the meetings will
shift from the normal time of 14:30 UTC to 13:30 UTC for May 10 and the
second meeting on May 12 will shift from 19:00 UTC to 18:00 UTC.
You can see the notes from today's meeting 1 below.
## Participants: Knurpht, Emily, Doug, Lubos
Doug gave update on TSP discussions. Pathway to resolving the TSP
looks promising and we hope to have solution soon. Unfortenately, we
can't say with 100% certainty it will be in place in time for oSC22 and
the openSUSE Summit at OSCAL
Went over the Leap Micro slides and discussed possible use cases for
it with Flatpaks, Snaps, AppImage
Organizing an open discussion/workshop on May 10 and May 12 to
discuss the successor of Leap and what are people's input/interests are.
Will take place at the community meeting time. (With a slight time shift
during that week)
The next two weeks of meetings to Meeting 1: Tuesday at 13:30
UTC and Meeting 2: Thursdays at 18:00 UTC. updated on
Will return to normal on May 17
I have placed the release announcement for openSUSE Leap 15.4 on the
wiki at https://en.opensuse.org/Release_announcement_15.4
It would be highly appreciated if you could help to translate the
release announcement to your native language to help propagate the news
of our next release. Currently it is only in English. Feel free to link
your translated version to the top and include your ISO 639-1 Code
language code. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Also, please consider updating the screenshots once we have the RC. You
will find old screenshots on
https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:15.4/Screenshots and new screenshots will
just need to be uploaded and updated.