I've been going over our old todo lists for conferences and such to make a
short 'todo' for the openSUSE Conf marketing. Lots of things are done
already so I skipped those, just planning for the last 4 weeks.
I'd love to hear comments/ideas for things to add and especially "I'll do
that's" from all of you ;-)
For the artwork stuff, I've already asked the artwork team so that's not on
Tip: the interviews are both important and not too hard to do. Also, we have
a few VERY interesting speakers so it's fun to do :D I'd really appreciate
help with those!
openSUSE Conference Media Action Plan
Until two weeks before oSC
* do and publish speaker interviews
* Write announcement of parties
* Other announcements?
* Create last "why come" article before conf with all stuff coming linked
* Prepare tweets etc for these announcements and articles, use bit.ly links
for tracking and spread to ambassadors!
* pick hashtag and advertise it (probably #oSC12?)
Until 3 days before conference
* Plan things to be announced and decided at the conf
* pre-write those announcements
* Create presskit for conference
* Send press kit around and prepare some for journalists at the conf
During the event
* Write daily reports on oSC
* Keep the world updated on what is going on at oSC/LD/etc
After the event
* Create final report of oSC with links to all announcements etc