Just updated to latest Factory repos and still I notice the same error
at login into Gnome desktop as per Milestone 1:
Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- a bug in libxklavier library
- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation
X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
The output of the above commands is:
marco@linux-48n5:~> xprop -root |grep XKB
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "evdev", "evdev", "br", "", ""
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "evdev", "evdev", "br", "", ""
layouts = [br-abnt2]
options = 
Note: my notebook is an HP Pavilion DV6230BR; I honestly have not any
problems with my keyboard, so I don't know why the presence of such
SuSE Linux 11.2 Milestone 3 Kernel 2.6.30-10-default
GNOME 2.26.2 VirtualBox