I'm wondering if there is a plan for the 11.2 distribution? It's not
when it's available but more what Novell want's to achieve with it.
There are several important areas that I would like to help out with:
1. vastly reduced size of the core distro and easy setup for addons.
Take out all but core KDE (and Gnome, but I'm a KDE'er so....).
2. mobility. Moving between networks, WLAN, LAN, GPRS , Bluetooth ++.
Suspend/Resume, auto setup of VPN when moving outise the home LAN.
Roaming profile/autosyncing of data with server with Unison , iFolder
3. syncing data with mobile phones
4. VPN client and server config. If so, choose one VPN server variant
and support it 100%. (I like OpenVPN :-) )
5. Home. Easy home server setup in one Yast module for useability.
Fileserver, printer server, music server, movie server, picture
6. Connectivity from different types of clients, especially Upnp and
DLNA compatibility. Windows, Mac and Linux client access to printer
and file of cource and also wizards or simmilar to aid users in
getting connected on the client machines. (Yes this might involve
7. media syncing with hanheld devices like iPod's, media phones,
Creative ZEN. Also conversion of media to the hanhelds preferred
format without the user needing to set up a complex structure.
8. officially supported game archive, maybe also with commercial games
available like Opera/flash etc. is now available.
9. availability on new platforms. Specific focus on netbooks.
10. Default media made for USB key as well as DVD.
11. a standard yast module for server setup of net install of
machines. This will aid in testing when there is a lot of machine
variants to test. Easy restore to original config would be good also.
(All server based :-) ) I have 15+ different computeres that I can
test with , but it's to much work going back and forth now so I just
Of course, if I do not make any sense (which often happens) I will be
glad to discuss the points.
And again, these are all parts I will gladly assist in testing. If
some of it is made in Python I will try to assist with code also, but
be warned. It's better to keep me as tester!
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-factory+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-factory+help(a)opensuse.org