>From the bug report I've filled a long time ago, it seems that ATI
users will soon be able to enjoy GNOME3 with fglrx driver (catalyst).
Here's a hard copy of one of the replies I got on the bug report which
suggests that the bug has been fixed and is on the 4 week internal
test period by AMD:
"--- Comment #65 from pierre.boudier(a)amd.com <pierre.boudier(a)amd.com>
2011-08-22 10:38:28 CDT ---
I would like to clarify a little bit this discussion:
- this bugzilla is not owned by AMD, and while we try to monitor it (along
other sources), it is not possible for AMD to immediately detect and jump into
- we actually noticed this when I wrote my first post (2011-08-10), and the fix
was made internally on the 8/12
- the catalyst release cycle will branch our internal dev tree within 4 weeks,
and will go into 4 weeks of QA before we make the driver public.
- since engineering is not focused with release management, we usually can't
commit to exact release data since that sometimes change (sometimes fixes are
introduced earlier, sometimes deferred)
- finally, the crux of the issue here is that gnome developers should have
actually contacted AMD about this issue before releasing something which only
works on nvidia.
we do appreciate constructive feedback and are committed to fix issues; linux
is an important Os for AMD.
Good news at last for some of us...
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-gnome+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-gnome+help(a)opensuse.org