A little but healthy discussion ensued today during our weekly GNOME
team meeting about the continued use of RTM for managing our team tasks.
While there were convincing arguments in favor of returning to the Wiki,
there weren't much in favor of keeping RTM.
However, we were mindful of the fact that Boyd wasn't present at the
time and any consensus-building wouldn't be fair without first hearing
Boyd's arguments in favor of RTM. We're sure he has valid points.
To bring Boyd up to speed before he posts his statements and we all
respond in kind (yes be kind!), here's a summary.of what was discussed.
- Some people feel its not comfortable to use
- Some feel separating it out from the wiki isn't a good idea and
everything should stay local
- Some newcomers have pointed out the problem of having to get properly
"accountified" whenever joining new groups or jobs.
- RTM offers benefits that the Wiki doesn't, such as email
- Tasky may effectively resolve some of the confusing unweildy uses of
- (My additional thought) If we all get on Tasky, since its a new
product, we're simultaneously offering ourselves as good testers of
Tasky, thus killing two birds with one stone.
So... Thoughts? Discussions? Starting with Boyd please...
Let's rejoice a "There are no dumb questions" culture.
But I really need you to have a "No dumb answers" policy before I answer your question.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-gnome+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-gnome+help(a)opensuse.org