I had installed OpenSuSE 13.2 RC1 in a virtual machine with Plasma 5
and I want to give my impressions:
- In the installation there is not the option to add a repository with
KDE 5 applications, in my opinion it would be a good idea to add one.
I know they are not stable but a person wants to try Plasma 5,
probably, he/she wants to try the apps.
- I didn't see the possibility to install sddm instead of kdm. If you
are installing Plasma 5 looks more consistently.
- One time installed the OS with Plasma 5, you have to configure the
repos manually. It could be good to give the option in community
- You can't change the color scheme, it is always OpenSuSE colors.
- I have various crashes of Plasma, in composer I use OpenGL 3.1.
- I use galician language, in order to can configure it in System
Settings, I had to install kde4-l10n-gl. It is a llittle confusing.
- I installed the KDE5 versions of apps (ark, dolphin, ...). The icons
in favorites in kickoff didn't work, I had to erase them and add
I don't know it is useful, I hope so.
Todo el mundo quiere ir al cielo pero nadie se quiere morir - Anónimo
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-testing+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-testing+owner(a)opensuse.org