I can't figure out how to get sound from my SB Live! 5.1 (SuSE 9.1).
Till now I checked these points:
- It's not a DELL one; lspci outputs
0000:00:0e.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1
- I updated to alsa-1.0.6 packages from packman: now these are installed (rpm
-qa | grep alsa)
- I tried to install it with YaST2; I can't hear the test sound, whatever
the levels are.
- I also played with the levels in alsamixergui, kmix and kamix
- The audio cable is on the green jack; and other jacks don't seem to
deliver anything, however.
- I tried tu change permissions for /dev/dsp, /dev/mixer, /dev/sequencer
(chmod a+rw ...). No effect; moreover permissions are reset
automatically to rw------- after reboot.
- BIOS onboard sound is disabled.
Can someone help me? Thanks a lot...