some time ago we discussed where and how we should share
"Tips&Tricks" for YaST users and developers.
IIRC there was no clear conclusion so I decided to start
a wiki  to collect all our tricks we know or use.
For now it's just a place for dumping your ideas, links, short
howtos, etc... When we collect enough data we can probably
split it to several categories or move it somewhere else.
We just need the data first.
I have added there some my tricks from my personal "knowledgebase"
file. If you have better tricks or find something wrong simply
change it, it's a wiki ;-)
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.
18600 Praha 8
To unsubscribe, e-mail: yast-devel+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: yast-devel+owner(a)opensuse.org
October is being a busy month for the YaST Team. While we work on more
internal refactoring, we have fixed quite some bugs and implemented
several features. As quick summary, we can mention:
- Improved handling of users on already installed systems
- Progress in the refactoring of software management
- Better selection of the disk in which to install the operating system
- More robust handling of LUKS encrypted devices
- Fixes for libYUI in some rare cases
- Improvements in time zone management (affecting mainly China)
Check the full report at
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH