> > I'm afraid I can't start mailing concise requests for improvement of y2
> > development environment.
> Reading through your mails, you are very well able to describe
> whats wrong and what must be improved.
> So speak up and raise the topic ! Thats what yast-devel,
> yast-internal, team meeting minutes, weekly reports and FATE are for.
So I'm speaking up and rising the topic :) This time it has nothing to do
with .ybc files, but with UI libs and zypp (and no, it's not about app layer
at all ;-) )
* To test a bugfix, I need to build yast2-ncurses.
* To build y2-ncurses, I need libzypp headers (happen to lose them somehow
during numerous upgrades)
* Tried libzypp svn checkout and then cmake & make, but oh my ... it wants to
download tons of satsolver cr ... I mean, data ;-)
* Trying to skip this by going directly into libzypp/zypp subdir, it complains
about missing libsatsolver-devel
* OK, trying to compile sat-solver stuff - no success, I miss some rpmdb stuff
* I'm giving up and going to have a joint ;-)
Had I done 'rpm -ivh --force libzypp-devel.rpm' (force, because otherwise I
would need libzypp.rpm as well and would never get out of rpm dependency
hell) at the very beginning, I'd save at least half an hour of time and quite
a lot of nerves
But that's not a system solution. After all, I'm fixin' just an error in UI,
what the heck do I need sat-solver for? So, either I'm doing something wrong
or something is rotten in the state of Denmark ...
Would splitting yast2-ncurses (as well as yast2-qt) package into pure UI part
and package-management part and building those two separately help?
Would some 'install header files from this subdir only' tool in libzypp
makefiles help? I don't know
Anyway, I'm speaking up and raising the topic :)
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova
\\\\\\\__o YaST developer
__\\\\\\\'/_ & hedgehog painter