I see some feedback about bad usability on 4K displays and because I do not have 4K display I try to emulate it in qemu.
Just simulating 4K resolution is not enough, as I failed to set high DPI.
how I set 4K resolution in qemu ( or close to it ):
Settings it via F3 in boot menu does not work for me. So I set some resolution there and then use startshell=1 . start yast once and use ctrl+alt+x and run xrandr to see available modes. I have one of it almost 4K ( a bit wider ) and use it in install.inf in XVideo key. Stop yast and start it again with new resolution.
- when using SLES Online and going next, use keyboard shortcut to skip registration, fucus remains on next and it is not visible that next is disabled, so it looks like installation is frozen. ( this is not related to 4K displays )
- font should be bigger, that will also solve issue with too much free space
- situation is even worse when I open terminal with ctrl+alt+x
- QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE=1 does not help, QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=4 neither, but global QT_SCALE_FACTOR=4 helps and looks reasonable for me.
- QT_FONT_DPI does not help when I play with it.
- try in qss font size in pt? Does not help.
It is issue in my testing as it looks like my way to emulate it keeps DPI 96 (verified with xdpyinfo ), but according to QT documentation main issue is high DPI displayes with DPI 185 ( so many pixels on small display ). With qemu and downscaling I have large virtual display and and scale it down, so still it emulates big display with high resolution and not small one with 4K. This is reason why only forcing global scale helps as it ignores any attempt to compute it from DPI.
So to move forward. Does anyone have idea how to convince qemu to display 4K with high DPI? trying xrandr --dpi is too late as I need it before first installation screen.
I am working on customer case that they notice following behaviour.
In case that you are using yast module to configure ntp client (static or dynamic), on top of fully patched 15sp2 system it always says about pool configuration even when only server is used for NTP setup. Our guide for NTP says that you can use either server or pool https://documentation.suse.com/sles/15-SP2/html/SLES-all/cha-ntp.html#id-1.…. When you change the configuration of pool to server directly in chrony.conf, then the server is not shown in yast client module.
Is that expected behaviour?
Thank you for your help