Today the openSUSE Travel Support Team opened the Travel Support
Request Submission tool for requests related to the openSUSE
Conference 2014 in Dubrovnic, Croatia. The goal is to help everybody
in and around openSUSE to be able to come to the openSUSE Conference!
You don't have to be one of the top 10 packagers to apply - if you're
translating, building a local community or helping out at the forums,
we might still be able to offer you support, so apply!
When and how
The application period starts today February 20th and closes on
February 28th. All requests will be managed through our application at
You will need an openSUSE Connect account in order to log in the
application and apply for sponsorship.
A few reminders
- Please, read the Travel Support wiki page
before you apply.
We want everybody to be there! Even if you think you would not qualify
for travel support, just submit a request! If you don't ask we can't
- The Travel Committee can reimburse up to 80% of travel and lodging
costs. That includes plane ticket, train and bus tickets (no taxi),
even car gas on some occasions, and hotel or hostel costs. Food and
all local expenses are on you!
- The Travel Team won't be able to book or pay anything in advance,
reimbursement comes after the event is over, based on receipts you
keep of your expenses.
- Again: no receipts = no money - it's the rules!
- Those sponsored by the Travel Team have to write a blog or report on
the event and are expected to be available for helping with tasks at
the event where needed!
- Sponsorship decisions are influenced by the openSUSE history of the
requester. Your involvement with openSUSE is really relevant!
- Having an abstract submitted for presentation at the conference is
relevant as well. Note that the CfP ends on February 28th so there is
still time (https://conference.opensuse.org/osem/)!
- If you got support before and complied with all the requirements,
this gets you bonus points too.
- The amount requested must be detailed according to your request,
like the airport you will be departing from, sharing hotel/hostel
rooms, costs associated with your trip.
- Try to get the best fares for tickets and lodging. Remember if
approved at least 20% (and sometimes more) will be paid by you.
Our goal is to support as many people as possible. If you need support
to make it to the event, PLEASE SEND IN A REQUEST
https://connect.opensuse.org/travel-support/users/sign_in ! We will
attempt to send the approvals before March 5th, 2014 so you can start
booking. Book quickly, as we don't cover anything over the previously
agreed amount so higher prices are on you!
The conference is getting close and the deadline for travel support is
tight so start searching for flights right now! Set up your openSUSE
Connect account and send in a request as soon as possible!
Hope to see you there.
Your Travel Support Team
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-ambassadors+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-ambassadors+owner(a)opensuse.org