Thank you all for your time and contribution!
Present: Ivo, Tomas, Adrian, Quang, Attila
What we discussed:
- Next steps on settling on a static page generator for docs
We have the following list available for us to pick a solution from contributed by members of the doc team:
- Github Pages
- Read the docs
- Antora (uses Asciidoc/Adoc)
- Hugo & Docsy
We're aiming to settle on a decision within the next 1-2 weeks. If you're interested in participating in the decision making do sound your opinion and share your reasons for your preferred platform. Once we settle on this we can continue settling on a format and workflow utilized across the docs team. Just to clarify! If you're not comfortable to participate with your docs in any of the above listed option and/or you prefer to use something else and maintain your docs elsewhere, but would like your docs to make it to the unified platform just leave a link to your docs and we will include them with the source included.
- Video team discussion:
Ivo to establish a unique standard that would aid in differentiating/identifying our video contents. Simple, short, to-the-point materials. Ivo also offered to record our meetings for those who can't make it in a video/audio format. If you interested in listening/wathing us talking docs let us know here/Telegram/Matrix/Discord.
- We're planning to set up an ELK instance to be able to collect issues across multiple channels of openSUSE such as Discord, Reddit, Telegram, basically the user focused channels. The purpose of the initiative is to have a better insight into reoccurring issues so we can prioritize our work and also to measure the success of the docs team.
- The meetings are currently happening every two weeks at 1800UTC on Fridays. We can set meetings for 0600UTC again if needed/there is demand for it.
- The "team sync mails" are happening weekly. If you don't see a mail on a given week that is because nothing happened/changed.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-doc+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-doc+owner(a)opensuse.org