Now that 13.1 is out of the oven, happy release everyone!
I wanted to propose some changes for 13.2. Since the dark theme created by our contributors has gained some good popularity among the community and reviewers, I think it is not too far fetched to propose to “keep” this dark theme for upcoming versions of openSUSE. I would say at least through the 13 series and only make a major change to it from version 14 on. This would give us a really long tome to mature the theme even further, theme other elements of the distribution that need it and keep consistency with our users.
Here is a tentative list of what changes we could help make for version 13.2
- Revamp vine wallpaper (Make a new version but keeping the same vine idea from 12.3 and 13.1)
- Change default font (KDE and Gnome) to Open Sans (a great and very complete font family very readable)
- Add “New” vine wallpaper to alternative desktops
- Finish complementary wallpaper collection package
- Start the creation (integration if time permits) of a “light” version of the KDE plasma theme
- Create a matching dark version of a Gnome Shell theme somewhat matching KDE’s dark plasma theme (will have to investigate this one and learn it)
It is always a good question to ask why the changes are being proposed. I would say, these changes push a little forward into making openSUSE extra singular and also look similar, by default, across different desktop flavors.
I invite our group to make suggestions and set ourselves goals for 13.2.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-artwork+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse-artwork+owner(a)opensuse.org