Good day, guys! Hope you are doing all fine.
Apparently, HoundCI has policy on default style definition to prefer
double quotes over single ones(at least it appears to me that way). That
think is not the way Ruby should be written(this is just an opinion
though, and for sure debatable).
I am going to alter current setup of HoundCI to achieve two things at once:
* avoid unexpected changes in style definition - freeze style definition
* alter our style preference to prefer single quotes over double ones
If you have any concerns - please let me know, let's discuss.
I will wait for your feedback until tomorrow.
Plus i would like to start discussion about HoundCI in general. I see
several drawbacks of
* we have no hands on style file, that can be changed whenever
* turnaround times between making a Pull Request and receiving feedback
is too long for
submitter, that could spook out new contributors as on changes you need
again to wait for Hound
* on the other hand - using rubocop locally and as a part of travis run
would give us
same result as hound CI.
SuSE Linux Products GmbH
Maxfeldstr. 5, Nuremberg
+49 179 817 02 16