openSUSE Security Update: Security update for seamonkey
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2023:0087-1
openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP4
An update that contains security fixes can now be installed.
SeaMonkey was updated to 2.53.16:
* No throbber in plaintext editor bug 85498.
* Remove unused gridlines class from EdAdvancedEdit bug 1806632.
* Remove ESR 91 links from debugQA bug 1804534.
* Rename devtools/shim to devtools/startup bug 1812367.
* Remove unused seltype=text|cell css bug 1806653.
* Implement new shared tree styling bug 1807802.
* Use `win.focus()` in macWindowMenu.js bug 1807817.
* Remove WCAP provider bug 1579020.
* Remove ftp/file tree view support bug 1239239.
* Change calendar list tree to a list bug 1561530.
* Various other updates to the calendar code.
* Continue the switch from Python 2 to Python 3 in the build system.
* Verified compatibility with Rust 1.66.1.
* SeaMonkey 2.53.16 uses the same backend as Firefox and contains the
relevant Firefox 60.8 security fixes.
* SeaMonkey 2.53.16 shares most parts of the mail and news code with
Thunderbird. Please read the Thunderbird 60.8.0 release notes for
specific security fixes in this release.
* Additional important security fixes up to Current Firefox 102.9 and
Thunderbird 102.9 ESR plus many enhancements have been backported. We
will continue to enhance SeaMonkey security in subsequent 2.53.x beta
and release versions as fast as we are able to.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP4:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2023-87=1
- openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP4 (aarch64 i586 x86_64):