On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 09:28:56 +0100 Michael Meeks wrote:
> > On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 23:07 +0200, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
> > For practical use I think of getting Moblin as an option on the
> > 'change
> > session switch' on the gdm login panel, in addition to the current
> > installed desktop options Gnome/KDE/XFCE.
> > Sure - it should be an option like that already, if you install the
> > Moblin:UI one-click under 11.1 - at least, that is the intention :-)
Well, I gave the OBS Goblin_1-click installation a try on my 11.1 x86_64
mobile workstation, but ran into a bunch of dependice errors.
Comments and suggestions to my following user experience below are welcome:
As I initially had several community repos and packages installed on
11.1, I did a fresh 11.1 reinstallation and complete online update. But
still the Goblin 1-click installation listed a bunch of dependice errors.
Althoug I'm not currently on this workstation, among other I noticed:
Packages at first not found
- libclutter-glx-0.9.so.0()(64bit) needed by mutter-moblin - this one
looked to be installed yet
- moblin-web-browser needs libcluttermozembed.so.0
- mutter-moblin-0.32 needs libmissioncontrol-client.so.0
I tried some manual selections and architechture upgrades, but managed
only to get a partly installation
Packages not installed
Things I noticed after this 'partial Goblin installation':
- an unexpected modified 'green velvet pattern' desktop background on
the gdm login screen
- logged into a standard gnome session and discovered some new icons for
- I didn't expect that Goblin should change the standard gnome session
- logged out and tried to change session to 'Moblin experience'
- a bug I've experienced on openSUSE/SLED 11.x (don't know if it is
reported) is that the first selection to another session doesn't work.
Sometimes it logon to the previous session, this time it only brought
back the gdm login screen. I had to change session two times before it
- however, I didn't notice any difference between this 'Moblin
Experience' and the 'modified Gnome sesssion' tried first (I didn't
- new theme for Firefox (maybe also in the modified gnome session)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-goblin+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-goblin+help(a)opensuse.org