Hi guys, here is the proposal:
we put the .solv file in repodata/something.solv
repomd.xml gets extra data:
- no need to re-sign the solv file.
- we can add version and metadata in the same file.
Version information could be stored as:
<data type="solv" format-version="7" schema-version="3">
- need to modify createrepo, but we already do for patches, if we use
createrepo. If not, this is not a cons.
* when probing, probe first for type "solv" (becomes a new type of repos)
* look for repomd.xml,
* look if there are solv files
* download and unpack
* if there are not, fallback to yum (this needs to be evaluated wether
it is easy).
For CDs, we can put there a repodata/repomd.xml with the solv file
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-softwaremgmt+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-softwaremgmt+help(a)opensuse.org