Re: [opensuse-translation] Switching Weblate to protected mode
El 11/06/18 a las 15:53, Javier Llorente escribió:
El lunes, 11 de junio de 2018 7:40:37 (CEST) Sarah Julia Kriesch escribió:
Gesendet: Montag, 11. Juni 2018 um 03:15 Uhr
Von: "Ioannes Andreas" <ioannes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] Switching Weblate to protected mode

El 10/06/18 a las 15:37, Javier Llorente escribió:
Hello there!

We [the long time Spanish translators] are suffering from having a
Weblate
open to anyone with an openSUSE account. Translations are submitted
without
any kind of proofreading, which can lead to already translated and
proofread strings being overwritten.
Unfortunately, there is a Spanish translator doing that. For those
interested there is a message about it in opensuse-translation-es;
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation-es/2018-06/msg00000.html

Therefore, I suggest switching Weblate's access control from "public" to
"protected"; translations by new members must be approved first.

Greetings,
Which translator?

Now, will a team with moderators or coordinators rule as I proposed
before?
Do you have any proposal how to approve translators, that they are allowed
to translate in "protected" mode? We are an open source project and
everybody is allowed to contribute. So it is public.
Well, we could make translators/reviewers to long-time translators. I suggest
jcsl, victorhck and myself. I have already talked with them and we all agree
on this change; making Weblate protected and privileges given.
Being admins as well for Spanish (to make give others privileges in the
future) would also be helpful.
Anyone can contribute, but not all can write. Meritocracy :-)

We can review all and you can watch all changed things in Weblate in the
History. There is a button "Revert", if you have to watch impossible
contributions.
I agree with Stephan. It's more work to revert changes than to review them.

You can discuss that on your mailinglist (like you are doing) then and if
you don't watch any changes, we should think about locking this
contributor.
We don't know if that person is subscribed to our mailing list (opensuse-
translation-es). Anyways, jcsl has sent an email to that list describing what
it has happened and suggestions to improve the translation process.

Can you give us his nickname, please?Then we can look after his
contributions.
I will, but privately.

Greetings,

You are asking for "privileges" of control (protected mode), what does that mean then? The funny thing is that, if it were not for that "translator", they would not pay attention to the modules completely forgotten in their translation as "yast-fonts" for example.