Re: [opensuse-translation] kde networkmanager
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:40:22 -0500
Ok, knetworkmanager is now available for translation.

It's from upstream, so I'll follow the same approach I adopted for
packagekit: leave it as it is.
Before upgrading to a new version, you should really check if it's ready
to be included, also from a translation point of view.

This morning, I also merged bootloader, gnome-main-menu, and
gnome-packagekit.

About packagekit, it would be a lot better to extract once for all the
strings specific to openSUSE, instead of throwing on us 444 untranslated
strings when we need about 60. Fedora did that.

To conclude, being your policy "only changes to fix serious bugfixes
after the main translation round", it should be time to stop changing
strings just to add "\n" or "..." or again "." at the end of the
sentence. Enforce a string freeze on developers, if you want the
community to work for you.

Regards,
Alberto