Re: [opensuse-project] who makes unannounced repo structure changes?
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 16:52:27 +0200
2010/7/7 Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Am Mittwoch 07 Juli 2010 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
2010/7/7 Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Am Mittwoch 07 Juli 2010 schrieb DenverD:
Rémy Marquis wrote:
where should i have looked?

Probably the opensuse-kde mailing-list:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kde/2010-07/msg00008.html

respectfully:

what is the world wide circulation of that mail list? and, who on the
mailing list is supposed to pick up the news and distribute it to the
thousandS affected who are not readers there?

Sorry, but you don't have to believe everything what people write in the
wiki. There is absolutely no reason to panic, the old repo URLs still
work.

Not 100% true. The modified repos were handled correctly, but its
dependent ones weren't.
If someone had KDE:KDE4:Community and KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop now he
doesn't needs to worry about KKFD, but the KKC URL changed from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.
2_KDE_KDE4_Factory_Desktop/ to
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.
2_KDE_Distro_Factory/

Just say so - fixed now.

Just though about it now. I didn't though it could be solved in a
generic way (my home:RedDwarf:KDE suffers from the same problem, I
don't expect a fix). But it seems the "important" repos aren't so
much: from "KDE:*" it seems the they were/are KDE:KDE4:Community and
KDE:KDE4:Playground. But I'm not sure if any of them has already a
rename plan.

Also, I said "openSUSE_11.2_KDE_KDE4_Factory_Desktop" from memory.
Grepping my /var/cache/zypp dir it seems the old URLs instead used
"openSUSE_11.2_KDE4_Factory_Desktop", sorry.