we have started off not very organized and I would like to change that
now. I think we need to make this a purposeful discussion that has
rules, moderation and an end. Otherwise we'll never get anywhere.
So here is how I want us to do it.
0. In all of this we are trying to find compromise and consensus.
This is not about getting it your way. We need to build something
1. Before we discuss anything we pick someone who moderates the
discussions. The moderator is supposed to summarize, track progress
and call an end to the discussion. We need results!
2. We discuss single aspects of the foundation. Not the whole
foundation and all it's aspects at once. The list of items to
discuss is tracked on the wiki at
We need to focus!
3. We discuss these aspects by trying to make clear our intentions and
by agreeing on the important points. Not by hammering out elaborated
paragraphs of text. Bullet points first, formulations later. We need
to keep track of the important matters!
4. The discussion is limited to arguments. That means if you agree you
don't say anything. NO "I like this!" MAILS. If you disagree with
something you make an argument against it. NO "I don't like this!"
MAILS. We need to keep the length of the discussion to a minimum!
5. We only re-visit a previous discussed topic if the _result_ of
a discussion of another topic is that we need to. When we agree on
something it's the way it is. We need to be able to rely on things!
Comments on those rules? Any additional rule you would want to see?
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
Everybody has a plan, until they get hit.
- Mike Tyson
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-foundation+unsubscribe(a)opensuse.org
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-foundation+help(a)opensuse.org