Re: [zypp-devel] OSI: openSUSE Installer Presentation
  • From: Jan Kupec <jkupec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:59:57 +0100

Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
Hi!

On Thursday 18 December 2008 13:05:10 Raul Romero wrote:
Hello everyone,

My name is Raúl Romero, and I'm a openSUSE Member. I have an idea that
I want to share with you:

Off-Line one click install (MSI for Linux)

Same concept as MSI packages for Windows but exploiting the One Click
Install concept of openSUSE (and therefore inheriting the simplicity,
code and security).

Basically a compressed file which includes a repository inside, plus
one click install information, and a script to trigger the
oneclickinstall handler with the data as payload in the script.
Therefore is a collection of rpms that can be installed.

Detailed description is here http://en.opensuse.org/OSI

Frankly, I fail to see difference to the add-on product concept, which is
basically a repository with addiotional information.

Is it possible to install an add-on product by downloading & opening a file?

- --
cheers,
jano

Ján Kupec
YaST team
Key ID: 637EE901
Fingerprint: 93B9 C79B 2D20 51C3 800B E09B 8048 46A6 637E E901
Server: irc.freenode.net
Nick: jniq
Channels: #zypp #yast #suse #susecz