Re: [zypp-devel] OSI: openSUSE Installer Presentation
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:12:35 +0100
On 12/18/2008 at 1:05 PM, "Raul Romero" <raul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone,

My name is Raúl Romero, and I'm a openSUSE Member. I have an idea that
I want to share with you:

Off-Line one click install (MSI for Linux)

Same concept as MSI packages for Windows but exploiting the One Click
Install concept of openSUSE (and therefore inheriting the simplicity,
code and security).

Hi,

This sounds pretty interesting, but by reading this I end up with a question:
- what if some of the missing dependencies that are not in 'my' repository are
missing on the target system?
1-click-install is usually just getting them and most ymp files simply add the
online repos of openSUSE as repositories (they are probably activated
on almost every system).

So in case I have an 'offline-1-click-setup), I have no way of guaranteeing
that any random library (could be any random library for example). To
guarantee that all this would be working on every single target machine, I'd
have to make the offline-1-click contain all of it's dependencies... and
very soon I would call it a distribution.

Did I miss the crucial part where this was explained?

Dominique