Re: [yast-devel] ERROR: For RAID1, select at least 2 device.
Per Jessen composed on 2016-04-21 08:37 (UTC+0200):

Christian Boltz wrote:

Playing devil's advocate:

OK, so let's discuss if YaST should allow to create degraded RAID
arrays (like a RAID1 with only one disk)

I think it's outside YaST scope. Anyone who has such a need, would most
likely be knowledgeable enough to understand mdadm syntax.

Maybe most. Doubtful all. Part of the reason YaST exists is to make life easier for those who can't or won't grok man pages. I still haven't figured out what the mdadm cmdline needs to include to achieve the goal that produced my OP here, a goal which does not appear to be topical here.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/