[yast-devel] YCC Icon Labels and Dialog Titles
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:44:26 +0200
I admit this is a very minor issue, but I'm suffering from it since
quite some time ;)

The icon label texts and the title of the dialogs, that get started if
you click the icon in YCC are often not the same. Often there are only
minimal differences, though. I think they should always be the same,
because then the product would look more polished.

It would also ease the work of third parties such as documentation
writers, software translators, and even support and helpdesk people.

Examples (I did not check them all):

Icon label / Dialog title
Boot Loader ./. Boot Loader Settings
Language ./. Languages
Software Management ./. Software Manager
Proxy ./. Proxy Configuration
Firewall ./. Firewall Configuration: Start-Up
Support Registration ./. Registration

I'm pretty aware that there are different types of YaST modules...

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation