Re: [yast-devel] Webyast - Roles management
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 15:51:58 +0200
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:58:58PM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:
I finish first working proof of concept of roles management.
Please try it and write what do you thing about it. You can test
it directly from git as it is still under heavy development. Just
run rake deploy_local for (for webservice-base and
webservice-roles).

I have tested it and found this. Tell me if you want Bugzilla
entries for some of these.

1) rake deploy_local created world-writable files

I've patched the rakefiles to take the deployment user as an
optional
parameter:
rake deploy_local[mvidner]

2) role names are not validated/escaped

I've created these roles:
* Hamlet
* správce sítí sítí
* J. <b>Tučný</b>
* <i>kurziva</i>
* ?para&kesu&vlassky

They are not escaped in the role list, nor in the URL. Only Hamlet
can be edited, others give 400 or 500.

3) some permissions are not abbreviated

My list of available permissions looks strange. It might be a result
of historical chaotic deployment. OTOH roles.* are fresh so I would
expect them abbreviated like network.*

* language.read
* language.write
* network.read
* network.write
* org.opensuse.yast.commandline.execute
* org.opensuse.yast.commandline.read
* org.opensuse.yast.permissions.read
* org.opensuse.yast.permissions.write
* org.opensuse.yast.roles.assign
* org.opensuse.yast.roles.modify
* org.opensuse.yast.system.patches.install
* org.opensuse.yast.system.patches.read
* org.opensuse.yast.system.time.read
* org.opensuse.yast.system.time.write
* registration.getregistrationconfig
* registration.setregistrationconfig
* registration.statelessregister
* services.execute
* services.read
* time.read
* time.write
* users.useradd
* users.userdelete
* users.userget
* users.usermodify
* users.usersget

4) changes in a role are not saved

I added a few permissions to a role (Hamlet, which had been empty).
I see no error message in the browser or on the consoles, but the
configuration files are not changed

5) no mention of users

My user module does not show any users, that's a probable reason.
But I'd expect something like "No users found on your system, that's
strange. <a href=/users>Manage users</a>"

6) no "Back" link to /roles in /roles/foo/edit

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner

List Navigation