[yast-devel] Webyast - Roles management
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 12:58:58 +0200
Hi,
I finish first working proof of concept of roles management. Please try it and
write what do you thing about it.
You can test it directly from git as it is still under heavy development. Just
run rake deploy_local for (for webservice-base and webservice-roles).

each role contain permissions and users. Permissions say what permission has
user involved in role. Permissions is unioned so if you have role RBA which has
time.read and role RB time.write, then user which is involved in both roles has
rights to time.read and time.write

known issues:
- User interface is still far from my idea. it should be accordeon which open
role with two tabs for assign user and permission
- you can do suicide if you remove assign user which runs webyast to roles
which doesn't have permission.write
- user is only one which is known to Users module

Feel free to write your opinions, ideas and complains (and of course bug report
as it is really just non-stable preview)

Josef

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team