Re: [yast-devel] redesign of repo module UI
  • From: "Martin Schmidkunz" <Martin.Schmidkunz@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:34:09 +0100
Hi!

Thanks for all your comments!

Concerning hide/show behaviour:
There is already a basic overview concept created by Robert Lihm
(gagarin.suse.de):
On hover the basic actions (edit/delete) are shown and then executed on click.
I didn`t use this mock up because it was too complex for my skills (e.g. it
used three different style sheets)
I will add it to the style guide in the next days.

@Josef, Bubli:
after experiencing Robert`s mock up, what are your impressions now?

Concerning the term "repository":
OK, let`s stick with it (although my stomach aches a little bit, but at least
we are consistent with other Novell products and avoid another major time
consuming discussion)

Explaining "Priorities":
An icon would be one solution, but it would break with the rest of the current
webYaST concept.
The other idea would be to add a simple line of text like "If packages are
available in more repositories, the one with the highest priority will be
preferred." in a smaller font below the term "Priority".

Spinbox:
Spinbox would be a good idea nonetheless I suggest to give the user a hint
about min/max values and meaning of values (0 highest, 99 lowest)

Enable/disable: Why not use a check box?
The reason is that check box has a relative small target hit area compared to a
button. Secondly combined with explanatory status text a labelled button seem
to be more easy to understand.

"Keep downloaded packages"
Is this really something for the GUI? Compared with the settings level in other
module this seems quite complex to me.

Cu,

Martin
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser