Re: [yast-devel] Does "bug report" fit in this list?
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:16:23 +0200
Hi, Rajko (& the list)

The problem I can see is probably due to attempt to handle whole list at
once and then show result. I don't know what design limitations you had,
but creating buffer with a whole list and then pull on the screen just
selection of it that fits in the designated screen area should be much
faster.

Can you please send in some testcase? I don't want you to write a sample YCP
script, it is enough to tell in which module and with what data you see the
slowdown (e.g. in package manager with ~1000 package in the list or alike)

I've briefly tried something, and I can tell that it is not that ncurses tries
to move the whole list around at once - it does not and it always refreshes
only the visible portion of the window (NCPad::update -> copywin(), for those
familiar with that code). So the bottleneck is somewhere else and we need to
find out where ...

B.
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova