Re: [yast-devel] Wizard contents alignment
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:38:47 +0100
Johannes Meixner wrote:
For the next HackWeek I planned to implement a YaST "reference"
module from scratch which implements reference-examples
how to actually implement the various stuff which is described
in the style guide.

This way we would have both a reference implementation and
at the same time an actually running module which shows
directly how the stuff is meant to actually work.

My final goal is that such a "reference" module is included
in the official YaST system and is there as "the one and only"
reference how to implement what is described in the style guide.

What about merging it with the current YaST tutorial?

http://forgeftp.novell.com/yast/doc/SL11.1/tutorials/t1.html
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/doc/tutorials/

This means that any change of the style guide must also
be implemented accordingly in the YaST "reference" module,
otherwise the change in the style guide would be not yet valid.

That's too strict, I'd say.

I.e. whenever a usability expert describes something in a
style guide, he/she must also care about to get in contact
with the YaST developers to get it implemented in the
YaST "reference" module.

Of course, it makes sense, said that way.

L.