Re: [yast-devel] printer module redesign
  • From: Michal Svec <msvec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:43:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the mockups!

I still wonder why do we need more tabs / lists, the vast majority of
users would have just few printers (and usually only 1) for which they
IMHO don't need such a complicated UI.

If we want to support print-servers with lots of connected printers then a
more reasonable solution could be one list, but with optional filters for
local/remote/any/whatever (which would be even more flexible for admins).

Moreover, as I have few local printers and few remote I'd still like to
see them all at one place, to have a nice overview. And in addition, I
could then reasonably select the Default printer, which I'm not sure is
easily doable in multi-list/tab design :)

Thanks,
Michal