Re: [opensuse] IPTables/Firewall with failover/load balancing
  • From: Darin Perusich <darin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:57:07 -0400
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Florian Gleixner <flo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/18/2014 10:27 AM, andreil1 wrote:
Hi !

Anyone knows proven solution - IPTables/Firewall with automatic net link
checking, failover and optionally load balancing, for 2 net connections with
2 ISPs?

One of the issues we had with previous IP tables/shell script is to
correctly switch default gateway when main link was down.

Our server runs OpenSUSE with ISPConfig and IP telephony, so correct work of
such solution is essential.

Thanks in advance
Andrei

I'm not sure if multipathing TCP is usable in opensuse, but you may have
a look at it. Explained here:

http://multipath-tcp.org/data/MultipathTCP-netsys.pdf

Config example here:

http://multipath-tcp.org/pmwiki.php/Users/ConfigureRouting

SuSE uses the same kernel as everyone else so why wouldn't it be usable?