Re: [opensuse] DKIM-Milter or Perl-Mail-DKIM
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 08:27:09 +0100
Hi,

Am 23.12.2010 06:24, schrieb Masim "Vavai" Sugianto:
Thank you for the response. I'm currently using Zimbra and found that
amavisd-new 2.6 doesn't support LDAP as required by Zimbra.
Amavisd-new DKIM signature was applied successfully using Postfix as
medwinz reply and the above answer, but I need come clarification
between DKIM and DomainKeys.

DKIM is more or less the successor of domainkeys. Basically the improved
version which is recommended nowadays. For details about the differences
you can try Google.

What is dkim-milter function ? as verifier or signer ? I'm also trying

dkim-milter can do both.

to implement OpenDKIM. Message was successfully contains DKIM
signature (pass on Gmail and Yahoo) but DomainKeys was noted as
neutral. I'm confused about the different function between DKIM &
DomainKeys, between dkim-milter, opendkim, dk-filter and dk-milter
function.

I actually only know dkim-milter but wouldn't care about domainkeys
stuff. I have no idea about OpenDKIM but the website claims it's a fork
of dkim-milter so if it works for you that should be fine.

Wolfgang