Re: [opensuse] xinitd: package imap not installed: service can not be enabled.
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:20:52 +0100
Op 16-12-10 16:04, Adam Tauno Williams schreef:
On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 09:52 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-16-10 09:47]:

El 16/12/10 11:39, Patrick Shanahan escribió:

first page
http://software.opensuse.org/search/download?base=openSUSE%3A11.3&file=server%3A%2Fmail%2FopenSUSE_11.3_standard%2Fx86_64%2Fimap-2007e_suse-6.1.x86_64.rpm&query=imap

Stay, far, far away from that thing, it is crap AND it is no longer
maintained.

What replaces it as it is required?

Cyrus IMAP - the one true IMAP server, accept no substitutes. Fast,
stable, and feature complete [full text indexing, separate meta-data
databases, shared folders, delayed expunge, SIEVE, duplicate supression,
everything else too...] And did I mention *FAST*? Oh, and it actually
has management tools as well.

<http://www.cyrusimap.org/>

hi all who reacted,
my mail is a total mess atm...
this mail, where i am reacting to is the only mail i got returned;
as the rest is probably in /var/mail/ on my unreachable, in a sense of:
i cannot login through squirrelmail,
to become my mailserver......
so, i have completely lost track of what is written in this thread.... ;-)

I am total lost atm, trying to get a password set in dovecot, to be able
to loginto squirrelmail....
My whole browser here is full of wiki pages to try to setup a plaintekst
password to get in...., to figure out why my mail is not in my home
mailbox, and to get it working..
i would prefer a ssl login, but that seems still faraway....

pffff,

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (M9.) (Now or never...)