Re: [opensuse] questions related to KDE4 in opensuse 11.1
  • From: Herbert Graeber <hgraeber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:53:53 +0100
Istvan Gabor schrieb:
Hello suse users:

I started experiencing with KDE4 in opensuse 11.1.
I am not very amazed, to say the least.
Right now I would like to know how to do some basic things (at least basic in
KDE3) in kde4:

1. How can I hide the panel? How can I add hide buttons to the panel?
2. How can I place/mount removable devices, as USB flashdisk, floppy etc onto
the desktop as before?
3. I do not like the 'kickoff' start menu so I always switch to the older
mode. How can I add the recently used option there?
Why can not I add application icons to the desktop and panel from this menu?
4. How can I set the font size of the digital clock in the panel?
The fonts of the date are just too small. In KDE3 it was easy to set the size
both of the time and of the date, independently.
5. How can I set the panel style (background, transparency, applets handlers
visible etc.)? In KDE3 almost everything can be adjusted.
6. I dont like the blue start menu icon with le left arrow, how can I change
it to the conventional suse start menu icon?

Many of you questions are answered here:

<cid:part1.04060307.00050208@opensuse.org>http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.2/guide.php

Herbert