Re: [opensuse] KDE4.2
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:01:59 +1100
Anders Johansson wrote:
On Wednesday 28 January 2009 02:53:40 Basil Chupin wrote:

I really don't recall any dependency problem but if there were then to
the errors reply "Ignore some dependency problems for kde4" (or close
enough to this :-) ).

Actually, wrong. You can't just choose "ignore this dependency for now", it
will cause problems. Instead, you should select to uninstall the colliding
package

Anders

I am not one to brashly go where noone else has brashly gone before
:-) so let me qualify/explain my comment.

I updated 2 systems- the first, my "main" system, was done just before
0100 hours (my time) and I posted my msg re 4.2 shortly after this time.
My msg stated that it all went smoothly, and I do not remember having
any dependency problems.

I updated my second, the "test" system, earlier today and with this one
I had 2 dependency problems, one had to do with kdebluetooth4 (I am
pretty sure, from memory), which I don't use, and another one which I
cannot remember. Being my "test" system I accepted the choice of
ignoring any unsatisfied dependency/ies with KDE4 because it wouldn't
have really mattered if things crashed. Fortunately, I guess, nothing
went wrong and this "test" system is running well :-) .

I totally accept your warning that dependency problems must be handled
properly. My choice to date when they have arisen was to "do not
install" the RPM causing the problem.

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the