Re: [opensuse] 11.0 - Can't make A4 paper default go away
  • From: Philippe Andersson <pan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:02:28 +0100
Felix Miata wrote:
On 2009/01/27 13:46 (GMT+0100) Philippe Andersson composed:

Anton Aylward wrote:

What about /etc/papersize?

/etc/papersize is auto-generated by SuSEconfig, based on the value of
the RC_LANG variable, as defined in /etc/sysconfig/language.

Here RC_LC_PAPER was set to "". I changed it to letter and restarted YaST2
printer, but it didn't help. I suppose the change to language probably only
takes effect after log out and back in, and I'm not prepared to do that 20+
minute process for a while.
You need to run "SuSEconfig" to activate a change to RC_LANG, at least
as far as /etc/papersize is concerned. No need to log out.

What are the current values of your RC_LANG (not in your environment,
but the in /etc/sysconfig file) and contents of /etc/papersize ?

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for
the recipient (s) named above. This communication is intended to be and to
remain confidential and may be protected by intellectual property rights. Any
use of the information contained herein (including but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution of any form) by persons
other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. Please notify the sender
secure or error-free. Ion Beam Applications does not accept liability for any
such errors. Thank you for your cooperation.