Re: [opensuse] 11.0 - Can't make A4 paper default go away
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:23:26 -0500
On 2009/01/27 02:59 (GMT-0600) David C. Rankin composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

Whenever I try to print for the first time in a new app or new user, nothing
happens if I don't remember to go into the app's paper setup and select the
proper paper. It seems this is because I own no A4 paper nor A4 paper trays,
yet the system defaults to A4 paper.

In YaST2 printer, after waiting eternally for repo data I didn't ask for to
download, I select printer options for my only printer, and driver options
default paper in your printer is grayed out and set to A4. How do I change
the global default to letter? What mysterious file is set to A4? How do I
eradicate the possibility of using A4 paper? Is it even possible to acquire
A4 paper in the USA?

Felix -- tisk, tisk

Everybody knows that the master default paper size setting is in kde
control
panel, under Country/Region & Language, then under the 'Other' tab at the far
right.

Did I write anything about KDE? What do Gnome users do? XFCE? LXDE? Other
non-KDE?

I opened YaST2, and expected to find there a way to set it if not globally at
least for the current user, and was denied the opportunity ("grayed out").

Find it there and I bet your problems are solved...

It was already set to letter in KControl long before I started this thread.
Printing was working fine until yesterday, and I have no idea what could have
made it stop working, other than first print use of some app not previously
used to print anything.
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/