Re: [opensuse] 11.0 - Can't make A4 paper default go away
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:23:05 +0100
On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 19:17 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
Clayton wrote:
Ha, now you know how it is for the rest of the planet that uses A4,
and every bit of software we use always insists that we use US Letter.

Not to mention that they also always default to "US English" (even
though the rest of the world uses "UK English") and to some Timezone in USA.

Australia just could never break free of England, eh :) :) :)

I think there should be a "AUS English" option as well.

BTW, I have the same issue with the default paper always being Letter,
not A4 when I add a printer via CUPS. However, when I add a printer via
iPrint, it seems our company-wide printer setup sets the paper to
'default', which seems to be whatever the printer has as default. I
would think that would be the better default for newly added printers
than and specific choice.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.