Re: [opensuse] Update notification/install with default Suse Window manager
  • From: Constantinos Maltezos <pandarsson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:37:48 -0600
On Sunday 25 January 2009 5:31:12 pm Dave Feustel wrote:
On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 05:54:52PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
yast2, zypper, smart, apt manual download and rpm

I know about yast2 and zypper. What are smart and apt?
What I would like to do is run on the suse desktop the app that displays
the little green/orange icon on the desktop.

The problem is that you removed your desktop. Desktops (with panels) are
provided by Gnome, KDE, xfce and the Rox Filer (though I don't think that one
handles system tray icons, but I could be wrong). IceWM is a lightweight
window manager that provides a panel, though I'm not sure it handles system
tray icons, either. But it's worth a try.