Re: [opensuse] Please! Let Me Double-Click!
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:18:29 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2009-01-25 at 14:13 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:

On 2009/01/25 012:48 (GMT+0100) Carlos E. R. composed:

On Sunday, 2009-01-25 at 04:03 -0600, Constantinos Maltezos wrote:

Try this:

Create or edit the file ~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals

Look for or create a section that starts with [KDE] on a single line by
itself. Edit or add the following line:

SingleClick=false

That should do it.

Fantastic!

Probably an overstatement. :-)

I'm saving this trick.

It's no trick. Most of Linux configuration lives in plain text files, making
them accessible to anyone and everyone who understands text editing and the
docs describing the supported content of those files. OTOH, to claim a need
to install some app and 10 or more deps just to change one line in a text
file is little short of ludicrous.

I know its no trick, legally speaking >:-P

But not having to install a bunch of packages and navigate a zillion menu dialogs and tabs to find the right tickbox or whatever, is a "trick". Or is it a treat? :-p

The utility to me is that I seldom use kde, but I use kde apps a lot from inside gnome, and thus, a "trick" to change that behavior is very welcome and "fantastic" to me >;-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.